07 January 2008

Camping

I spent most of the last three weeks painting, though I did have a wee break where I did nothing but read books, watch DVDs (lots of Doctor Who), eat, drink, and smoke. Then Rose had the brilliant idea to go camping in the weekend before returning to work. We packed up the car, left Welly at 5 o'clock on Friday arvo, and an hour and a half later were setting up camp at the Putangirua Pinnacles.









Due to technical problems, I didn't take any photos of the Pinnacles themselves, but this should be enough to remember them. They were pretty spectacular.

Rose and I have slightly different ideas of what camping entails. I've usually done it while hitching or tramping, where you have to carry everything you take. Being such a skinny bastard, I try to minimise this as much as possible. But when you roll a car up next to where you'll pitch your tent, it's a little different. We had beer and wine, and lots of fresh food for it to wash down. It was fantastic.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Yes, it was fun alrighty, but OMIGOD the state of the car! Dust and dog hair abounds. However, I'm already plotting the next excursion.

visitors since 29 March 2004.