06 August 2007

Painting

I have, I'll freely admit, been a bit slack on the old painting front of late. I've been distracted by such things as the busy time at work, giving a lecture and radio interviews, writing a couple of other things, being in a group show, starting a political party, the film fest, and other hijinks.

However, the holiday's over. First off I've got to complete some things that've been lying around for far too long. Here's a couple of (crappy photos of) them.

Piero and me:

Picabia and me:

This is one I prepared earlier, which I'm going to enter into the Wallace Award. It's Humanity won't be happy:
The title of the last one is taken from a revolutionary slogan. In its original formulation it was 'Humanity won't be happy until the last aristocrat is strangled with the guts of the last priest.' In the 20th century it was updated to 'Humanity won't be happy until the last capitalist is strangled with the guts of the last bureaucrat.' This makes it a very appropriate entry into the Wallace, I reckon.

No comments:

visitors since 29 March 2004.