06 May 2008

Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans

Rose and I have bought a house. It's a 100-year-old cottage in Mt Cook, and it's got a sleepout out the back that's going to be my studio.

Now I've got to find someone to take over the lease for my flat. If you know anyone who would like a one-bedroom flat near the Botanic Garden, please let me know. My email address is on my profile page. Just click on the silly photo to the right there.

When we told the olds, I joked: 'Now that we're concerned ratepayers, do we have to become right wing? Is that how it works?'

Dad answered (straight faced): 'You're already pretty right wing.'

Well, this is me:

Go here, Dad, and we'll compare.

7 comments:

Mr Stephen Rowe said...

I got almost the same - two clicks up but on the same line...

David Cauchi said...

Did you have a look at the graph of the NZ political parties in 2005?

The amount of parties in the right wing authoritarian quadrant, while no surprise (especially Destiny's position!), was a little depressing. Hopefully, they'll update it for this year.

Checking out where other countries' political parties stand was also instructive.

Anonymous said...

I came out six squares north-east of your position. That's still in the bottom-left square, but nearer the centre. Mind you, the answers I gave weren't always entirely serious.

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya brother.
Economic Left/Right: -8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.08

I'm about a quarter of a inch to the right of you. ANARCHY!

David Cauchi said...

It's nice how the established political parties have left the Common-Sense Nihilist Party so much room to occupy, eh?

Anonymous said...

HaHa! I like it. Reminds me of what Laibach did, creating their own passports and whatnot. If I lived in New Zealand I'd sign up!

Anonymous said...

Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.92

visitors since 29 March 2004.