10 May 2004

Very swish

I fired up Blogger this evening and found that it's all changed. They've added some swish new features. I might start using their comments feature instead of my current one, which'll probably mean the current ones will disappear. They've got some new templates, so I might try one of those out for size as well, though none of them really grabbed me straight off.

I'm not about to do anything radical tonight though. Too buggered. This having to show up to work in the morning thing's to blame. It's a shock to the system, let me tell you.

Still, the people I work with are good, and the Correspondence School's got a good art stash. The boss of the area I work in has prints by Pat Hanly, John Drawbridge, and Gordon Walters on his walls. From where I sit, I can see prints by Robin White, Jeffrey Harris, and Richard Killeen. Apparently there's a large Fomison painting in one of the other buildings, along with various other things.

I've started thinking about what I'm going to do after these shows are over. I don't want to leave it too long before I have another. Got to keep up the momentum and all. Of course, most places are booked up well in advance, so it will necessarily be a while. The obvious thing is to try to find a dealer in Wellington willing to take me on. This is problematic. I'm really not sure who to approach. I need to think about it some more, and probably chatting with various people on the subject would be a good idea.

The other thing, of course, is doing some more bloody painting. What with one thing and another, I haven't done any for ages. I can't really focus at the moment - it'll have to be after the Thermostat opening. It'll be more Skeleton Guys for the meanwhile.

No comments:

visitors since 29 March 2004.