29 March 2005

Short week

It's a short week at work this week (I mean pay-the-rent work and not proper work obviously). I have tomorrow off as well (well, strictly speaking it's today), so only have to endure Wednesday to Friday. Even that's seeming pretty daunting though. I'm really not enjoying it at the moment, and not feeling very positive about it at all, which is kind of unfortuate considering they've just given me a permanent job as senior editor there.

No doubt I'll pick up, but the fact that I'm even thinking about the bloody place at the moment, let alone dreading going back, is a bit of a worry. Oh well, at least I've got a weekend away in the Sounds with Rose next weekend to look forward to, and I'm planning to take the following week off to knuckle down and do some real work (though we'll see - these plans haven't been overly successful of late).

In other news, I'm rethinking this zombie and robot bizzo. I can't put my finger on it, but the idea's just not doing it for me. I think the main problem is that I was really pleased with the Skeleton Guys and am finding them a hard act to follow. Part of it is that I want everything to spring into existence from my brow fully formed and perfect. I've got a large bottle of ink and a large pile of paper sitting there staring at me accusingly, so I think doing some quick and rough ink drawings as a way of loosening up and not being so goddamn precious might be the go.

No comments:

visitors since 29 March 2004.