21 July 2009

Library mission

After posting the previous, I took the dog for a walk and then wandered over to school to take some books back to the library and stick some Common-Sense Nihilist Party slogans up in my studio. Wandering around the early 700 shelves, I looked for some replacement library books. With the previous post in mind, I was tempted to go back to the avant-garde of early 15th century Italy or even right back to the source – the paleolithic avant-garde. (What, you say, now I'm being really silly? What academic art was the paleolithic avant-garde reacting against? The fucking shamans of course!)

But, in the end, I walked out with a stack of Dada books. One of them, The Dada seminars, looks dodgy as, but I'll give it a go. It 'developed out of a series of seminars held by the Center for Advanced Study in the Visual Arts', which sounds guaranteed to suck the life, joy, and value out of anything.

No comments:

visitors since 29 March 2004.