25 July 2008

Klaus

In anticipation of the Klaus Kinski film tonight, here are some quotes (not all from the film):

I am not the Jesus of the official church tolerated by those in power. I am not your superstar.

Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!

About 25 years ago, I was in an apartment, and next door, they put on the radio, so I struck the wall with my fist, but they did not put the radio down. I took a tool and banged until I made a hole through the wall. It was like a comedy movie.

What do you think, that a dollar in a savings account is freedom? Maybe you have understood nothing I have said.

Why do I continue making movies? Making movies is better than cleaning toilets.

I have to shoot without any breaks. I yell at Herzog and hit him. I have to fight for every sequence. I wish Herzog would catch the plague, more than ever.

I don't need anybody to tell me how to be alive.

Once, I took a taxi. I hate those limousines. They stink and their drivers have been driving dead people to the cemeteries.

People who do not see the terrible things therefore do not see the beautiful things, either.

This just in: Recently released medical records from 1950 have this to say about Klaus:

Preliminary diagnosis: Schizophrenia. Conclusion: Psychopathy.

One doctor at the clinic classified Kinski as 'a danger to the public' and another said he showed 'signs of severe mental illness'.

The first doctor wrote: 'His speech is violent. In this, his self-centred and incorrigible personality is evident as one that can't blend in civil circumstances. He remains consistent to his egocentric world view and declares all others prejudiced [...] The patient hasn't had a job in one year, but still speaks confidently of the new film in which he will star.'

No comments:

visitors since 29 March 2004.