01 March 2004

Ranting

So the Lord of the Rings cleaned up at the Oscars. I'm so sick of the goddamn Lord of the Rings (look, honestly, you don't need a link to it now, do you?). I hated The Return of the King. Fucking mawkish sentimentality. Oh well, my friend Stephen deserved his technical one. And Keisha will no doubt have the distinction of being the youngest ever best actress nominee for a wee while yet. Why I am even gracing the subject with a mention!?!

Tonight's the last night drinking for a while. Rose and I have decided to give up the booze for a couple of months (at least). Maybe that'll mean the stupid ads that appear at the top of this blog will stop advertising hangover cures (they must pick up on what's being written about - for a while there they were art related but no longer). We're trying to have a baby and me drinking all the time doesn't help.

I'm in two minds about this. I don't think the 21st century's going to be an overly fun place to be. The oil's running out, the environment's about to collapse, consumer capitalism's just shit served up on a silver plate. I find everyday life miserable enough as it is at the moment. I hate to think what it'll be like in 20 years' time.

On the other hand, we're, I think, the only Cauchis in New Zealand (yep, the four in NZ are my dad, my brothers, and me). Someone's got to continue the line. Not only that but I'm a mutant. I've got one fewer teeth than the rest of you. I'm quite keen to pass that on.

Hmmm, sensible reasons versus silly ones - and the silly ones win out. That's human stupidity for you, eh?

No comments:

visitors since 29 March 2004.