20 August 2009

Heh

I had a couple of amusing meetings with tutors yesterday. One of them said the problem with talking to me was that a couple of days later there'd be a blog post about an earnest lecturer talking bullshit over a cup of tea. The other said they were finding it difficult talking to a nihilist.

It's simple, really. When everything is meaningless, you might as well have some fun. Nothing is sacred. As Picabia put it: 'Free rein to the very point of excess!'

'For me, happiness is to command no-one and not be commanded.'

Next up, some nice Nietzsche poetry...

2 comments:

s. said...

"a couple of days later there'd be a blog post about an earnest lecturer talking bullshit over a cup of tea"

I would have thought that this phenomenon would be the exact OPPOSITE of a problem.

This indicates a dismaying lack of quality on the part of the lecturer(s).

David Cauchi said...

I don't know. I can see how having some arsehole broadcast a somewhat skewed interpretation of your comments would have an inhibitory effect on making them.

Not that that's going to stop said arsehole from skewing them of course!

visitors since 29 March 2004.