26 August 2009

Wall Works at the Adam Art Gallery

From the invite:

The Adam Art Gallery opened on 21 September 1999. To mark this occasion and to celebrate our first ten years, we have invited eight artists to spend ten days working directly on the walls of the gallery.

The exhibition runs from 8 September to 4 October. The artists are Michael Harrison, Patrick Lundberg, Julia Morison, Simon Morris, Reuben Paterson, Kim Pieters, Jeena Shin, and me. I was invited because Tina Barton thought there was a particular space that I'd be particularly suitable for – the toilets.

I think I'll have fun with this. The first ten days of the show are when we'll be working on the walls, so if you want to come and harass me you'll know where I'll be. Rather than an opening at the start, there'll be a party (with a $5 door charge) in the middle, at 8pm on Saturday 19 September, featuring performances by Bek Coogan, Torben Tilly, and Double Ya D.

No comments:

visitors since 29 March 2004.