03 January 2006

Miscellaneous blither (and a fair amount of whinging)

I've been having trouble with my email. Paradise reckoned just before xmas it's because of a 250% increase in spam on the same time last year. I just got a message saying that one I sent on 20 December hasn't been delivered (though that seems to be Yahoo's rather than Paradise's fault).

I caught up with Maciek yesterday, who's an old friend from Dunners who I haven't seen for yonks. They came round for dinner, and it was all really good.

I felt decidedly odd yesterday and slept most of the arvo away. Consequently I stayed up till half three in the morning watching the second half of the first season of Twin Peaks and then had strange dreams. There was one nasty one, but the next couple were okay. All I can remember though is the general tone and isolated images. I should keep a sketchbook and pen next to the bed. Of course, there's not much point at the moment, as I'm not really up to drawing.

I'm very nervy today. Being woken up by the loud metallic bangs of scaffolding being taken down right outside has done my head in. I'm also freaked out by the fact I need to sort out what I'm going to do about work in the very near future. Besides not handling stress very well at the moment (the place I work is quite stressful by its very nature, and I find the delicate and complicated negotiation required by the actual work I do stressful as well), I can't concentrate on things (which is why I'm not up to drawing, and can only read very simple things for short periods of time) and my memory's poked - so I think I'm screwed. I don't know what I'm going to do about it. Bloody life.

6 comments:

paintergirl said...

Twin Peaks, Twin Peaks. (Sing the title along with the beginning theme music) Love that show, but strange dreams do follow. it should come with a warning label.

You are an editor, right? Can you turn into a freelancer? Are there freelance editors? I don't know, I'm just throwing it out there.

the drawing will come back. I have had very long droughts. No worries, you have other things on your mind.

David Cauchi said...

I've spent many a long year as a freelance editor and solemnly swore never to again.

Lilly said...

Oh, David -- I really feel for/with [??] you....does that make sense? Possibly not. Shite. Sorry. Not having one of my best days here -- neither are you by the sound of things.

Hope you get things sorted out YOUR way. Not someone else's way -- so that you are happy. Look out for number one. That's important, and although that is my advice it's not something I am particulary good at practising myself. Sadly. I stress too much and way too easily. I often wish I could be more 'tough' but I am extremely sensitive. I am not saying I want to be a heartless bastard, but just that I want to be a wee bit toucher so as to look better out for myself.

Lilly said...

[particularly, even + tougher, even---- grr! ... what the hell is that post above about anyway? Sorry, David. I need some coffee. I'll be back some other time and hopefully I'll be in a much better mood. And make less spelling mistakes.]

Btw, BOB from Twin Peaks never failed and still never fails to freak me out. He's is SO creepy and scary.....

David Cauchi said...

Make that coffee 'black as midnight on a moonless night' - 'that's pretty black'.

Yep, you do make sense. You do have to look after yourself. You're the one who has to live your life after all. It's hard though, especially cos that goes for everyone and you can't live your life at the expense of anyone else's.

Hmm, now I'm the one wondering whether I'm making any sense.

Lilly said...

Yes, you are making sense, David -- to me anyway :-D

I had "a damn good cup of coffee" earlier by the way!

visitors since 29 March 2004.