24 July 2006

Let's hear it for the vague blur!

What a fantastic evening it's been. Thomas Köner was great. Overlapping pictures slowly fading in and out accompanied by great looming oceanic waves of sound. Very meditative. Words are a poor tool indeed for describing visual sensations (ever read a halfway decent description of someone's face?), and I'm not even going to try.

A scanner darkly was great. Robert Downey Jr nailed Jim Barris. Worth seeing just for that. It looked really good, especially on the big Embassy screen. I believe it's got a fair number of bad reviews, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

In other news, I get to find out what inadvertantly putting your pipe through the washing machine does to it.

1 comment:

s. said...

I'm really glad that it wasn't complete shit, because that was the impression I gained from all the bad reviews.

I guess there was a significant chance that the (re)viewers just "didn't get it" as they say.

visitors since 29 March 2004.