11 August 2009

Nice


The image above is the piece that Rose put into the Vent group show at Thermostat Gallery in Palmerston North. It's called Now hear the word of the Lord. She dug the skull up in the garden. There are some pics of the opening here.

I haven't bothered including a pic of the boring painting I put in. You've seen it before anyway.

I reckon Rose's one is very nice indeed, and I'm a bit annoyed that it sold at the opening. I selfishly would've liked it on our wall. However, it's spurred her on to do more stuff, so it's all good.

We've just been up to Palmy to check the show out. We couldn't make the opening cos of the film festival. We ended up buying a pile of books, some coats, and a work from the show.

3 comments:

s. said...

" She dug the skull up in the garden "

Suuuuuuuuuuure she did ;)

David Cauchi said...

She actually did. Though there are a couple of salient facts I've neglected to mention.

I have a label for when I'm lying.

s. said...

I love it, anyway.

visitors since 29 March 2004.