16 November 2010

Masters interview

I had my Masters interview this arvo. I think it went okay. For some reason, I was a little nervous. My heart was going quite fast, and I could feel that my face was going bright red. That was annoying.

But the conversation went all right. The most amusing moment was when my assessor for the studio paper this year mentioned considering giving me my assessment as a comment on this blog. This was in the context of a discussion about which poor sap would be my supervisor, and how they'd have to deal with me posting every conversation I have with them here – 'which is quite exhausting'. Apparently, this is a problem because I 'paraphrase or edit [conversations with staff] to skew them for [my] own purposes' (I am, of course, paraphrasing here).

2 comments:

s. said...

The way you tell it, your conversational partner appears to believe in a sort of "objective reality". This this should come from someone ostensibly concerned with the production and analysis of "art" is most alarming.

Anonymous said...

Go Dave!

visitors since 29 March 2004.