07 August 2007

Burning my bridges before I cross them

According to the conditions of entry for the Wallace Award: 'Artists are encouraged to include supporting material in writing that ... explains how they would benefit from the experience of an overseas residency.'

This is what I've put:
I must admit I struggle with this. I do not believe I am particularly special or out of the ordinary. The benefits that I would get from an overseas residency are, I imagine, much the same as the benefits any artist would get, except perhaps that, as I travelled extensively around NZ instead of going on the traditional OE, I have not yet visited any international art galleries or museums.

For the bit about the work, I just pretty much reproduced what I said in the previous post about where the title comes from.

No comments:

visitors since 29 March 2004.